Why USAA? At USAA, we have an important mission: facilitating the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. Not all of our employees served in our nation's military, but we all share in the mission to give back to those who did. We're working as one to build a great experience and make a real impact for our members.
We believe in our core values of honesty, integrity, loyalty and service. They're what guides everything we do - from how we treat our members to how we treat each other. Come be a part of what makes us so special!
This role will optimally be based in Charlotte, Tampa, Phoenix, or the DFW/Plano area. Consideration may also be given to highly competitive candidates in San Antonio.
Provides second-line independent Compliance oversight and guidance across the entire real estate business products, services, and processes to ensure they are executed in accordance with regulatory requirements. Continuously drives a strong culture of compliance and demonstrates integrity and professional judgment in protecting the interests of USAA and its members. Manages and leads a team in the development, implementation and/or execution of compliance programs to minimize compliance risk to USAA. Provides compliance oversight for USAA, its affiliates, and USAA partnerships with external companies. Builds effective relationships with industry and regulatory authorities. The Opportunity
- Designs and implements strong programs to identify, monitor, assess, control and report on compliance risk; as well as detect, and prevent associated risk of member harm and ensure compliance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
- Responsible for the review of state and federal regulatory compliance requirements to include analysis of business impact/operational risk assessment for enacted laws/regulations and recommended company compliance actions to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Oversees the development of compliance policies, procedures, risk identification, and control methodologies to ensure adherence and enforcement of applicable legal and Regulatory Requirements.
- Provides guidance and effective challenge related to compliance matters impacting offerings/services within the business being supported.
- Monitors budgetary and/or operation performance of department resources.
- Leads federal/state regulatory agency relationships to obtain regulatory approvals and provides required regulatory feedback
- Applies subject matter authority knowledge to lead compliance professionals and leaders in producing work deliverables in support of compliance initiatives.
- Responsible for performance management and professional development activities for compliance professionals.
What you have:
- Bachelor's degree or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree
- 10+ years of experience in compliance to include execution of compliance processes, programs, and procedures within a financial services or insurance organization.
- 4+ years of people leadership experience in building, leading and/or developing impactful teams.
- Expert knowledge of financial services or insurance regulations, laws, regulations, and regulatory expectations.
- Extensive experience providing guidance and oversight to mitigate an organization's exposure to risk.
- Experience collaborating with key resources and stakeholders, influencing decisions, and spearheading work to achieve strategic goals.
- Executive-level business acumen in the areas of business operations, industry practices and emerging trends.
Knowledge of federal laws, rules, and regulations, to include:
- CRA; ECOA; FCRA; MLA; SCRA; Regulation DD; Regulation E; Regulation Z; and UDAP/UDAAP.
- Regulation YY; Regulation W; and 12 CFR Part 30, including Appendices A through E
General understanding of federal supervisory guidance, including but not limited to: letters, bulletins, manuals, handbooks, proposals, and statements from the Federal Reserve, OCC, CFPB, and FFIEC.
What sets you apart:
- Direct experience overseeing a real estate business compliance (both servicing and acquisitions) in a large consumer bank or real estate business.
- Demonstrated accomplishments coaching, mentoring, developing and growing subject matter expertise within broad real estate compliance teams.
- Extensive experience working with HUD, FHA, VA, etc., as well as banking regulators (OCC, Fed, CFPB, etc.).
- Experience leading technology and business transformation efforts from a compliance perspective.
- US military experience through military service or a military spouse/domestic partner.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $157,000.00 - 282,600.00
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
Long Term Incentive Plan: Cash payment for Executive level roles only, representing a cash payment which is both time and performance based.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
For more details on our outstanding benefits, please visit our benefits page on USAAjobs.com.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.