Kings Dominion is hiring a Maintenance Facilities & Construction Manager! This person is responsible for facilitating project management, managing the process of design, planting and maintenance of all park landscaping and creative services in the park. Additionally, this position manages the growth, maintenance and enhancement of the landscaping and grounds of the park and effectively carries out all of the duties and responsibilities as assigned by the VP of Maintenance & Construction.
- Conducts project management: plans, schedules and manages the maintenance and construction of park facilities and projects, ensuring a safe, comfortable and pleasant environment for all guests and employees.
- Supervises subordinate managerial staff; supervisory duties include instructing; assigning, reviewing and planning work of others; maintaining standards; coordinating activities; allocating personnel; selecting new employees; acting on employee problems; and recommending employee discipline, transfers, promotions, and discharge.
- Develops and administers the department's annual budget; prepares mid-month budget reviews and makes necessary adjustments
- Chairs supervisors and construction meetings. Coordinates and disseminates information between Park staff and consultants engaged for projects.
- Oversees the work of outside consultants, engineers, contractors, etc., on projects/repairs. Inspects work in progress to ensure compliance with established plans, specifications, contracts, schedules, and standards of quality and safety.
- Assists other departments/divisions with projects and events as needed.
- Provides opportunities for effective training for staff members, counsels and develops as needed.
- Establishes and communicates work goals, priorities and expectations to staff members.
- Participates in short- and long-range planning for facilities, equipment and land use.
- Reviews work orders and maintenance records and oversees the daily inspection of park buildings and grounds to determine any necessary maintenance work; initiates maintenance and repair action.
- Attends workshops, conferences, trade shows, meetings, etc., to stay abreast of industry trends, products and resources.
- Prepares and/or maintains budget documents, building code sheets, drawings, receiving charts, project schedules, performance appraisals, cost sheets, meeting agendas, reports, various other reports, memos, correspondence, etc.
- Refers to policies and procedure manuals, maintenance manuals, technical manuals and diagrams, blueprints, architectural drawings, trade magazines, regulations, contracts, etc.
- Operates a vehicle and a variety of equipment such as a computer, copier, calculator, telephone, two-way radio, fax machine, pick up truck, etc.
- Uses computer and clerical supplies.
- Interacts and communicates with various groups and individuals such as the immediate supervisor, other Park administrators and staff, subordinates, guests, vendors, contractors, manufacturers, architects, engineers, ride maintenance personnel, human resources personnel, information systems personnel, safety and security personnel, department personnel, etc.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- High school diploma/GED
- Licensing to apply herbicides & fertilizers in a commercial setting.
- 4-6 years of experience
- Must have general knowledge of landscaping equipment maintenance. Must also have experience installing and maintaining irrigation system.Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet business needs.