At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 15,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work.
In a typical branch office, a financial advisor meets with clients and receives branch office support, so they can focus on building deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis, Tempe and Mississauga provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. We continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
The Branch Real Estate Team Leader serves as a liaison with Edward Jones internal business areas and acts as the main point of contact for Branch Real Estate Consultant teams. Primary functions are:
- Execute team objectives, drive team performance, and assess associate performance in support of department and firm objectives
- Provide appropriate resources, support, and direction to help associates meet the needs of the team and firm
- Provide feedback, coaching, training and guidance to help develop associates to enhance current and future contributions
- Serve as a liaison by representing Branch Real Estate on division and firm wide committees/projects that drive business results and impact Branch Real Estate
- Lead a team whose responsibilities include:
- Identifying gaps and proposing solutions in gray areas where little or no guidance is available
- Executing with excellence, highly skilled professional work with little or no immediate supervision
- Provide indirect supervision of department's contract associates.
- Attract, retain, and develop a diverse team of associates to successfully support branch teams and the firm
- Ensure consistent and clear communication throughout the entire department. Acting in alignment with Branch Real Estate cost projections, current projects, and ongoing Branch Real Estate initiatives
- Build relationships with Home Office and Field Key Stakeholders to support branch real estate strategies
- Ensure efficient operation of the team and department
- Support leaders of the area while working to maintain consistency across Branch Real Estate Divisions
- Work with other leaders and senior leadership to obtain necessary resources to achieve department objectives
- Understand and effectively communicate firm real estate policies, guidelines, tradeoffs, and P&L impacts.
- Branch Real Estate Team Leader must be adaptable, willing to champion change and innovation, and have a collaborative spirit as we work with the field and multiple business areas across home office.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum of 3+ years formal or informal leadership experience
- Depth of knowledge of principles and practices in business/financial services industry:
- Ability to lead, manage and develop others in multiple associate roles with varying functions and level of responsibilities
Excellent people management skills, including:
- Ability to set priorities
- Effective delegator
- Effectively coordinate and manage multiple projects/project management skills
- Presentation skills preferred
- Excellent coaching skills
- Excellent decision-making skills and ability to navigate complex branch real estate situations
- Dispute resolutions, provide agreeable solutions, weighing tradeoffs and benefits of branch real estate decisions that impact the firm, field, and the Branch Real Estate department.
- 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials in 2022, published Fortune July 2022, Great Places to Work® data as of March 2022. Compensation provided for using, not obtaining, the rating.
- Edward Jones was recognized as one of the Best Workplaces for Millennials by Great Places to Work® and Fortune® magazine. The privately held firm ranked No. 2 overall, in its fourth appearance on the list.
- 2022 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, published September 2022, research by Great Places to Work®, data as of August 2021. Compensation provided for using, not obtaining, the rating.
- Edward Jones has been named to the 2022 Best Workplaces for Women list by Great Places to Work® and Fortune® magazine, ranking No. 45.
- 2022 Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For, published April 2022, research by Great Place to Work®, data as of August 2021. Compensation provided for using, not obtaining, the rating.
- For the 23rd time, Edward Jones has earned a spot on the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® ranking by Great Places to Work® and Fortune® magazine. Edward Jones ranked No. 35 on the prestigious 2022 list.
- 2022 Best Places to Work For LGBTQ+ Equality, Great Place to Work® in partnership with Human Rights Campaign Foundation, published Equity Magazine January 2022, data as of July 2021. Compensation provided for using, not obtaining, the rating.
- Edward Jones scored 100 percent on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's 2022 Corporate Equality Index (CEI) the nation's foremost benchmarking survey and report measuring corporate policies and practices related to LGBTQ+ workplace equality. The ranking designated Jones as one of the best places to work for LGBTQ+Equality.
Edward Jones does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
At Edward Jones, we value and respect our associates and their contributions, and we recognize individual efforts through a rewards program that promotes a long-term career, financial security and well-being. Visit our career site to learn more about our total compensation approach, which in addition to base salary, typically includes benefits, bonuses and profit sharing. The salary range for this role is based on national data and actual pay is based on skills, experience, education, and other relevant factors for a potential new associate:
Salary: $78795 - $134163